Villa Campo Verde, Umbria, ItalySpoleto, Perugia, Italy
This historical, hidden gem is believed to be over 1200 years old. Exquisitely restored by two famous architects and local artists specialized in the restoration of authentic Umbrian houses. As soon as you enter this magnificent villa, you will feel transported to a long time ago while maintaining modern comfort features such as a fully contemporary equipped kitchen and en suite bathrooms added to the original bathrooms and a large swimming pool in the manicured gardens.
Imagine the pleasure of prepare a delicious dinner for your guests in your indoor formal dinning room or enjoy an alfresco meal at the outside dinning area. After that you can enjoy a glass of wine at the terrace while feeling enchanted by the views of the countryside.
Fondly known as the country’s green heart, Eggi is located in the Italian region of Umbria, which is renowned for its harvests of truffles, olives, and wines made from the delicious Sagrantino grape, grown in the Montefalco area. Culture, entertainment, and unmatched natural beauty greet you at every corner of this rich community. There are fantastic festivals celebrating food, wine, faith, history, and music happening throughout the year. Discover important Roman sites in Assisi and Gubbio, marvel at the Cathedrals of Spoleto, Assisi, St. Silvestro and St. Michele in Bevagna, or take a walk from Assisi to Spoleto through olive groves and easy hillsides on the Via di Roma, one of the Pilgrim Paths from Canterbury to Rome. Once you experience the abundance of delicious food, rare wine, and fun festivals this special region has to offer, you will find yourself never wanting to leave.
● €100,000 Bidder Deposit Required
● 3,150sqm plot | 800sqm house | 10 bedrooms | 8 baths
● Main entrance | Leads into a spacious reception room with an open fireplace; Ceiling is partially open all the way up to the floor above, exposing the traditional roof on the first floor and bringing in natural light
● Dining room | Accommodates up to 30 or alternatively outside in the courtyard; Direct access to the garden
● Kitchen | Personal cooking facilities include a 6 point hob,2 large ovens, a microwave, 2 fridges, a freezer, 2 dish washers and a separate storage room
● Additional rooms | Second spacious reception room with another open fireplace; Library room with open fireplace
● Villa features | Size and access 800 sq metres; Parking and security, for 8 cars within the gated area; There is floor heating and open fireplaces for year round use; WiFi available and phone reception; Washing machines; Wheelchair accessible to all areas on the ground floor with specific arrangements in 2 suites
● Comfortably accommodates up to 25 people and therefore suitable for a holiday rentals business, for running courses, but also ideal as a large family home
● Building materials | Restored using authentic Umbrian materials such as chestnut beams and terracotta tiles Garden and land | Surrounded by a walled garden with courtyard, terrazzos and age old trees, fruit trees and a herb garden, and a swimming pool, all completely fenced in and beautifully landscaped
● Swimming pool | 15mx5m; Surrounded by a paved sunbathing area; Beside the pool there is a large patio for al fresco dining
● Directions and transport | From Perugia airport, 30 minutes away; From Rome by road 2 hours, by train 1hour 20minutes; From Assisi 50 minutes; Car hire available at both Rome and Perugia airports; 90 minutes from Adriatic coast and beaches