Château Roquehort, Pau, FrancePau, Pyrénées-Atlantiques, France
SOLD at Auction
Château Roquehort is framed by its own private lake and fields of vineyards. Located within more than 6 hectares of manicured gardens and 8 additional hectares of forest and meadows lies this magical château. Enjoy the warmth of its nine fireplaces located in each luxury bedroom suites or relax yourself in its swimming pool with hot tub or in the detached poolside lodge housing a home cinema, gymnasium and sauna. This majestic castle provides intimacy and an idyllic retreat in an area rich in culture.
In the southwest corner of France lies a majestic region encompassing the plains of the Béarn, the Pyrénées mountains, and the Atlantic Ocean. A mixture of French, Basque and Spanish languages, and unique centuries-old traditions color this culturally rich area. Discover the old-world opulence of Biarritz on the Atlantic coastline; the UNESCO sites and Alpine skiing within the Pyrénées mountains and the joys of San Sébastian’s Spanish culture — all around an hour from Château Roquehort. The Roman-Gallo city of Pau, ranked by Forbes as the 6th Best Place to Retire, is just 30 minutes away, with its Belle Epoque architecture, historic Chateau, and panoramic views of the Pyrenees mountains. Daily amenities can be found in the charming neighboring market town of Monein, just nine kilometers away. Pau is reachable via high-speed rail and is home to a small airport offering 10 daily flights to Paris as well as connections to other European capitals and the world beyond.
● 14+ hectares | 850 sq m | 9 En-Suite Bedrooms | 9 Full & 2 Half Baths
● Designed and built in 1811
● Professional renovations | Complete re-roofing of the chateau and ancillary buildings in natural slate | Geothermic heating and cooling system | Complete re-wiring | Replacement hardwood | Double-glazed windows throughout | Luxury bespoke kitchen and bathroom suites
● New hardwood double glazed windows; geothermic heating and cooling system; solid marble ground floor; solid oak upstairs floor
● Four large reception rooms
● Spacious, well appointed kitchen
● Guardians’ cottage | 1 En-suite Bedroom | 1 Full Bath
● Detached summer house | 1 Half bath | Gym, sauna and home-cinema
● Large Heated swimming pool – 20 x 7.5m
● 2 Large barn – possible for further conversion
● Private lake fed by fresh natural springs