Locust Valley, New YorkNew York, New York, United States
Never Before Listed for Sale | Currently $14.88M | Pre-Sale Estimate: $7M–$14M
Bidding Opens: Apr 29, 2022 6 PM EDT
Set on 6.97 acres in the Village of Matinecock, this ultimate family estate was designed with entertainment in mind. Though the exterior makes a formal statement in red brick, the interior exudes a transitional, modern style. From the arched doorways to wainscotting accents to intricate millwork, custom details abound. Even the most discerning host will appreciate the added luxury of three kitchens. The versatile floor plan flows between grand spaces and intimate gathering spots. An architectural collaboration between Jack Arnold Homes of Elegance and Accent Associates, the estate is just over 8,700 square feet on the top two floors, featuring an aproximately 2,500-square-foot finished basement, all wapping around a resort-style pool area for an idyllic indoor-outdoor lifestyle. Enjoy alfresco meals cooked in the cabana kitchen, cocktails in the great room with the wall of French doors open to the breeze, or a friendly home court tennis match. After the festivities, retreat to your private owner's sanctuary, nearly 1,500 square feet, to find a serene, sunlit escape.
LOCUST VALLEY, NEW YORK
This sought-after, exclusive location on the North Shore is a quiet retreat within 30 minutes of Manhattan. So-called the Gold Coast for the Gilded Age legends that run deep in this part of Long Island. Yet it's easy to sink into the effortless, genuine charm and tranquility of the community. Your estate is within 5 miles of three of the most prestigious private schools on the North Shore. Enjoy golf at four elite area country clubs, including Piping Rock, sailing at the Seawanhaka Yacht Club, and winter sports at Beaver Dam Winter Club. Known for its boutiques and restaurants, Locust Valley also offers stores for antique lovers and interior design enthusiasts. Commuting into the city is convenient. The rush-hour trains take a little over an hour from Locust Valley to Penn Station.
• $100,000 bidder deposit required
• Total: 10,700sf | 6.97ac | 6 bedrooms | 10 full bathrooms
• Architectural Features | Gated drive; Custom millwork and built-in features; Arched French doors and doorways; Hardwood and stone tile floors; Open floor plan; Multiple fireplaces
• Primary Suite | 1,500sf retreat; Private living room; Walls of windows; Spa bath with his and her vanities, separate toilet area, stand-alone bathtub; Custom-built dressing room/closet
• Chef’s Kitchen | Two-toned cabinetry; Designer range; U-shaped island with butcher block countertop; Butler’s pantry and service bar area; Adjoined with a keeping room and sunlit dining room
• Outdoor Features | Multiple patios and outdoor gathering spots; Sports court; Swimming pool and spa; Pool cabana with all-season kitchen; Private pond
• Other Spaces and Amenities | Executive office; Home theater with bar and service kitchen; Billiards/game room with fireplace and bar; Enormous home gym; Bonus den/family room; Heated, 3-car garage with glass doors
• Location | 30 miles from Manhattan; 20 minutes to JFK, La Guardia, Islip, and Republic airports