Switzerland, Geneva, Château de Promenthoux.Genève, Genève, Switzerland
On the north shore of Lake Geneva, only 12km (7.5mi) from Geneva city center, Château de Promenthoux is discreetly nestled between the forests and parks of Prangins, and uniquely positioned over the lake’s quiet waters for the utmost privacy. Originally built in 1896 and recently restored to modern comfort, the 1,300sqm (13,988sf) main estate encourages grand-style living, complete with 8 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, 4 ballrooms, a study, library, and multiple kitchens spread across four floors. Bordered by a river, the grounds, totaling 3.7 hectares (9ac), are home to gardens and mature trees, a separate staff annex, and reputedly the largest private harbor on the lake. And, with the estate’s ample balconies, opportunity abounds to take in the lake, mountain, garden, and city views.
Originally built in 1896 by the son of Charles-Frederic Worth — the Parisian fashion designer known as “the father of haute couture” who founded the House of Worth — this residence is historically retained in keeping with the family’s fine finishes and classic Belle Époque style. Designed by one of France’s most famous architects, Stephen Sauvestre, approach the stunning façade of the residence and be welcomed by original Meillerie stone pillars and partially wood-covered brick walls, reminiscent of the period. Step inside the main home to discover an equally impressive interior preserved in period details, from the parquet flooring to the soaring, 4m high ceilings. Become a part of Château de Promenthoux’s history of beautifully elegant living.
LAKE GENEVA, SWITZERLAND
Set in the Canton of Vaud between the Jura mountains and the Vaudoise Alps, beautiful views and endless adventures surround Lake Geneva. Geneva is one of the most important European, financial, business and cultural cities. Known locally as Lac Léman, in the summer embark on a day in the warm lake parasailing with the family or relaxing on a romantic boat ride overlooking the soft sunset. In the winter, enjoy premiere ice fishing and skating on the lake, and skiing on some of Europe’s highest mountains. Around the region plenty more activities await with a variety of parks, yearly festivals — including the wonderful Montreux Jazz Festival — and a surplus of hiking, biking, and horseback riding trails. Along the shores of the lake are numerous picture postcard towns with delicious food and beautiful Swiss wines. History and culture abound with many museums and historical sightseeing opportunities only an hour or two flight to most European capitals.
● In line with Swiss law, there are purchase restrictions in place. Please contact for details.
● Southwest facing estate uniquely positioned over the water and protected by the prevailing winds
● Historical property originally built by Jean-Philippe Worth, the son of famed imperial fashion Parisian fashion designer, Charles-Frederic Worth, to the design of noted French architect Stephen Sauvestre
● Retains historical features
● Front façade in keeping of the original owner’s selections, including Meillerie stone pillars and brick walls covered by dark wood
● Specially-sculpted wood staircase and velvet wall coverings
● Upper Ground Floor | 400sqm (4,304sf) renovated in classic Belle Époque style, main reception room, living room, study, wood-paneled library, large kitchen with garden views, and expansive balcony
● First Floor | 330sqm (3,551sf) refurbished to contemporary standards, high ceilings, two reception rooms, parquet flooring, three bedrooms, three bathrooms, kitchen, and large balcony with views all the way to the city of Geneva
● Second Floor | 320sqm (3,443sf), duplex with modern facilities, cathedral ceiling reception room, five bedrooms, three bathrooms, kitchen, three attic rooms, and balcony
● Lower Ground Floor | Boat slip, harbor, storage, and workrooms access, gymnasium, and sauna
● Additional stone service stairs and hydraulic lift for convenient access to all levels
● Staff Annex | 100sqm with living room, kitchen, two bedrooms, and bathroom
● Private Harbor | Accommodates many boats and protected by two jetties built of Meillerie stone blocks and an outside break-weather to shield against weather
Gardens | 37,000sqm with mature trees, river, and pond
● Located conveniently 43km (27mi) from Lausanne, and only 12km (7.5mi) from Geneva, one of the most important European financial, business and cultural cities