Casa 26, Geneva Lake, FranceÉvian-les-Bains, Haute-Savoie, France
Located at the beautiful Geneva Lake, Casa 26 stands up like a ocean of light. Designed for emphasize with the natural environment, this property is built using just three materials: larch, black steel, and concrete. Features a dramatically facade made by cathedral-like windows that provides abundance of light to the interior, while maintaining a warm and comfortable atmosphere.
Casa 26 is just six meters away from the lake, so you can easily take a dip in the Lake Geneva just from your private dock. Finding astonishing views from each corner of the property, this estate has been carefully designed to draw you attention to the lake in front of you.
NEAR EVIAN, FRANCE
Nestled on Lake Geneva with stunning water views, Thonon Les Bains is filled to the brim with charm, history, and beauty. This spa resort town perfectly combines European flair with the quaintness of a lakeside escape. Enjoy the famous thermal baths of Thonon-Les-Bain and Evian, or explore the rich, decadent history of the area by visiting one of the many nearby castles. Stroll along Port de Rives and take in the stunning waterfront views or head up to the main part of town to indulge in fine dining and shopping. Whether your days are spent traveling the world from one of the many nearby airports or splashing around in Lake Geneva and soaking up all that this waterside escape has to offer, Thonon Les Bains is the ideal location for a life filled with charm, luxury, and the ultimate feeling of being home.
● $100,000 Bidder Deposit Required
● 630 sqm (total square meter space with basements and garage) | 292 sqm (finished liveable space) | 248 sqm (unfinished basement) | 90 sqm (garage)
● Entrance | Wooden door protected by a thick roof coming out of the façade
● Living room | 9m ceilings; Cathedral-like windows form a cross an open out to the lake, the pier, and the yacht harbor; Sliding glass doors; Abundant natural light
● Other rooms | Private study; 200 sqm basement
● Dining room | Two large windows on each end of the perpendicular, looking out onto the greenery of the surroundings
● Bedrooms | Spacious master suite; 3 additional identical sized bedrooms; Ground floor guest room with en suite bathroom
● Lake | Home placed 6m from shore of Lake Geneva; 25m of lakefront; Jetty for boats to load and unload passengers; Faces north and features a view over the Jura; Behind it is the French Alps
● Garden | Toledo aluminum chairs; Larch flooring; Sleek terrace; Al fresco dining; Plane trees
● History | Plot was originally the orchard of the villa on the west side; Villa belonged to Lyonnais, friends of the Lumiére family and it’s construction was one of the very first films ever made by Louis Lumiére | Property build in front of the pier where a ferry transports travelers to and from Switzerland
● Home details | Built by architects Michael Widrig and Daniel Kaufmann; Interior design and artwork by Marc Dentand
● Sustainability | Built for low energy consumption standards; Natural and easy to recycle materials; low allergenic materials used
● Materials Used | Only three materials were used in the construction of the house and garden: Larch, black steel, and concrete; Façade and roof are made of black steel; Garden elements like the date and cylinders for flower and vegetable plantations are also made of steel; Structure of the house made of wood; Interior of the house is made of oiled larch; Larch is a wood that is grown in the surrounding Alps and gives the warm feeling of an alpine house while at the same time the treatment in refined carpentry work reminds of the interior of a boat
● Built-in furniture | Made of brush painted MDF, Le Corbusier colours, dark Terre de Sienne or green-yellow colour that vibrates with the outside vegetation
● Bathrooms | Walls were painted with a greenish blue Le Corbusier colour and showers and baths were covered with mixed mosaics in the same tones. Ceilings and doors are made of larch, bringing a strong contrast between the cold blue and the warm wood
● Floors | Made of a dark grey 10 cm thick waxed concrete
● Casa 26 is a 3-minute walk to the pier that takes passengers across to Lausanne Switzerland every hour from 5h20 to 23h20 daily. Other cruises to many ports and towns leave from Thonon; Geneva, Montreux, Yvoires, Evian and more
● Lausanne | Home of Nestle, Olympique museum as well a famous Swiss MIT EPFL (Ecole Polytechnique Fédéral de Lausanne)
● Location | One minute walking distance to Michelin Star restaurant; Five min walking distance to Thonon-Les-Baines thermal baths spa; 2.5 hour drive to Lyon; 30 minutes to Geneva border; 58 kilometers (35 miles) to Geneva International Airport; 33 kilometers (20 miles) to the Geneva fountain; 45 minutes to Morzine; One hour drive to Avoriaz; 90 minutes to Verbier Swiss; Three hour drive to Famous Couchevel; One hour to Chamonix and the Mont Blanc tunnel that will take you to Courmayeur Aosta Italy in 20 minutes; One and a half hours to Italy; Five hour drive to Portofino, Italy; 5.5 hour drive to Monaco